Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pot Lucky

I am sure the revered classics such as chicken mushroom soup casserole with green beans and crunchy onion toppings will be a mainstay on some tables--but to me those are quickly and easily skipped, no matter how tasty they might be.  I have noticed the increase in creativity and quality of many holiday table dishes over the years, without the cop-out of buying something that kind of looks homemade at Costco and transferred to a nice dish.

It's tough to maintain my vending machine style figure while eating homemade mac-and-cheese, fudge, vege chili, sage turkey, black olive stuffing, tuna noodle casserole, quinoa salad, carnitas, apple crisp, my own chile verde tamale casserole and braised thai tofu lettuce wraps.  Not to mention these parties are book-ended with Thanksgiving an Christmas--it's a tough time of year to live in moderation--

I've been able to remain out of food coma so far and working my ass in the pool and gym to stay in the loss column--its a commitment i must make if i want to enjoy myself--i think it's worth it.  So keep cooking.  If you have a great home-made pot luck recipe--please POST IT---thanks--

No comments: